Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wowza...where have I been?!

Hey guys! If you've been wondering where I've been.. well I've been all around and busy! and I guess you could say a little lax with my posting. This summer has been super busy and filled to the brim!

First I house sat for a few weeks. Great cause I was NOT ready to move back in with my parents. I had to anyways. Fights ensued. It's just hard to move back in with them when I'm used to living without them! But hey you can't beat free rent for the summer, so I'll deal.

I did a rotation for school at a "nearby" hospital. I say nearby because  that's what my school said. In all actuality, it took 45-60 mins to get there each morning and the same time to get back. But it was a wonderful experience. I'm pretty sure that I want to do hospital pharmacy now. Like 95% sure.

Then we took a family vacation to Orlando. We went to Universal and Epcot. And of course we hit HARRY POTTER WORLD. Shut up, I know I'm a huge nerd, but it was SO much fun! Unfortunately, my mom and I had some fights about my body while we were there, which threw a few sour notes into the trip. It was mainly my fault, but I just needed someone to help me deal with it. And sometimes, God bless her, my mother just does not know how to deal with my emotions! (Granted they are pretty fierce... I'm not sure how anyone can deal with them!)

My body stuff was just me feeling super uncomfortable in my body. I'm about 10-15 pound over what I feel "comfortable" with. I've been trying this summer to get the scale down, but it just won't budge! I've finally realized that it's a "god" that I had. If all I'm doing is focusing on that, how can I be atune to those needs and people around me? So I've just given it to God. And I really have felt better about it. Not 100% of the time of course. and not always great about it. But I'm beautiful and strong for who I am and who God made me to be. So when I can't see that beauty on the outside, I have to remember that and cling to it.

After Orlando, I headed off to a mission trip with my church from college. It was a great week and super stretching. It's so funny, I went with no expectations at all cause I had no IDEA what God would teach me. And He totally just opened me up and brought out all these things that I would have never guessed I would've learned on a mission trip. Like how I need to be dependent on Him for all things, that I've been looking at and making exceptions for the complete wrong kinds of guys. That He has a plan, and even though I hate waiting, His plan will be worth waiting for. I learned that even though the journey is long, He puts us through that long hard journey because of all the lessons we learn on it. Yes it's hard and sucks sometimes, but He's concerned with how we grow closer to Him through those times.

As you can see, I've had a full summer! But it has been good! Stretching, and not AT ALL what I thought it would be like, but good none the less!

2 comments:

The Fat Chick said...

I'd like to follow your blog but you don't have a followers button (that I can find) if that's intentional I understand, otherwise put one up so people can follow u :)

Meghan said...

Hey Thanks for stopping by! I fixed it I think! Thanks for pointing it out!