Monday, June 27, 2011

Hey! Long Time No See....

So it's been awhile since I've written here. I'm not really sure why. Life has been....Well life has been up and down. So it's been life I suppose. God's been teaching a lot of things lately. He's been teaching me patience, which I am horrible at learning. I've been learning that my plans are not always His plans, though His always turn out better. I've been learning that He desires me to content with where I am, even if I'm not happy with that place. That's right. Contentment is a choice; happiness is an emotional state of being. Please notice these are all what I've been learning. Not what I have learned, but what I've been (and continue to) learn.

I'm still working on being happy in my own skin. For me, it's a more difficult thing than I thought. I gained some weight from emotional eating this past year after my dad died. But considering it could have been a trigger for me, as someone pointed out, I'm almost ok with it. I'd almost rather have to lose weight than be sick skinny again. Notice I said almost. It's always been a struggle for me.

This is another thing God has been teaching me. Depending on Him for everything INCLUDING how I feel about my body and how I eat.

Ga so much to learn. It's a good thing God is continuously patient with me.

1 comment:

OklahomaBrad said...

Its always awesome and aweinspiring to feel His patience with us, huh? :) Missing you this summer.