Saturday, August 28, 2010

Let's Start at the Very Beginning...

Ok, so.... I have been absent from here for quite sometime.
I'm not even sure anyone still read this.
That's ok with me, cause I'm not doing it for others, I'm doing it for me.
But I do still hope you're reading!

So, when I first started to write here, it was mainly focused on my eating and exercising (which I still do. usually) If you're just joining me, I had an eating disorder my freshman year of college. To keep a SUPER long story short(ish) I was bulimic my first semester which turned into anorexia and extreme amount of time in the gym my 2nd semester. I've looked at pictures from then and I really did look sick. I'm sorry, but bones sticking out of my elbows...it's just NOT attractive. I'm sad to think that it once was. The mind of that girl was very lost indeed.

Thankfully, I have a lot of people who love me, mainly my parents and an RA, that helped to me get counseling and get things back together. I made a deal with my mom to gain weight before I went back to school. Unfortunately, I didn't really ever STOP gaining weight :( So now I'm trying to get that under control and get back to a size that I feel healthy at. Not skinny. Healthy.

That was where I started at. But now I have decided to share more of my life on this blog as well. I've been through some life changing things in the past year, and I have a lot of idea/thought/emotions streaming through my head. And I'd love to share them with you all if you'd like to listen!

I know that blogs can really turn into a community of support and ya'll are great listeners, so I hope I can come into the community as I muddle through this life I'm living...

All the while, I'm trying to learn how to be happy in my own beautiful skin :)

ps- there's an AWESOME giveaway at http://www.goalsfortheweek.com. Check her out!

2 comments:

AM! said...

Hi;-)
just saw you joined the GFTW express;-)

and as both a former college RA at UCSB (way back in the early 90's!), and school counselor (until ~2 yrs ago), I applaud your efforts to taking care of YOU. YOU deserve only the best. Your story/journey will only help others.

you should check out Laura at http://boxruneat.blogspot.com/

glad to find you.

Samantha said...

Welcome back! I think its so great that you are using your blog as a place to express yourself. You're right, it is a great community. We'll be reading!!