Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When is your best time to workout?

So when I initially lost a lot of my weight (my senior year in high school- I lost between 60-80 lbs) I got up every morning and went to the gym for at least 30 mins before school started. And then I usually went back to do some more in the afternoons. These two a days were great cause I could push myself for a short period of time and then do it again later. And as much as I complained about being tired, I loved getting up and working out in the mornings.

When I got to college, it became and OBSESSIVE thing. Even when I had 8'oclock classes and hadn't gotten to bed before one, I would MAKE myself go workout at 6 AM. Even though my body obviously did not want to. In those days, I was not very nice to my body (sorry body... I'm working on it!)

But now a days I've gotten "lazy" in my book. But Monday and Today, I've gotten up and done some cardio before class. And I really love it. I love starting my day with energy! And then I go back and finish up later in the afternoon. I'm so glad we have a great wellness center like 5 minutes from me on campus!

But some days I don't have time to do it in the mornings.. like tonight I have to work as an RA at the front desk from 12AM-2AM. And then have class at 9AM. getting up at 6:30  to workout for an hour is probably noottt going to happen.. But I have time to do in the evening. So I'll still get it done, but I won't get to do it real early. So I must pose the question...

When do you work out? Why do you workout then? How do you work your schedule around it?

2 comments:

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self said...

I have to work out in the morning or else it simply doesn't happen. I work 8:30-5:00, and get home around 5:30. At that point all I want to do is cook dinner, blog, and relax with my husband. So while it's a pain to get up at 5:30 to exercise, it's worthwhile in the end. And, of course, I take extra rest days when my body (or my mind!) needs it. :)

Meghan said...

I totally agree! I just like to start my day off right! Of course there will always be those days when we need them off! I just need to learn how to say yes to those! :)