Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Half-way through!

This week has been SO long. Ok, really I've just had two really long days in a row.

Monday- class from 9-5. Then a meeting at 5 about rotations this summer. Then another meeting from 7-9 for one of my classes. Then I got to FINALLY go back to my room. Plus this day I had a really difficult class that takes alot of mental capacity from 2-5. Which made the day THAT much longer...

Tuesday- Started at 6:30-Workout, Class from 9-12:05, Lunch meeting from 12:15-1:30. Then went back to my hall to set up for a party we had for our residents yesterday (which was super fun. We made shower shoes. They are a NECESSITY in a dorm!) Then was at the party from 2-6. Worked at the desk from 6-8. Went to church from 8-9:30. Went and finished my workout at 9:45-10:15. went and got food, since I hadn't had time to eat dinner yet. Then went down to work from 12-2AM. Yes it's a shift that sucks. But I only have to do it once a week, so it's not horrible. usually.

So after 5 wonderful hours of sleep, I got up to begin yet another day. more class. another meeting. And I'm currently working at the desk. I'm about to go on a Sonic Date with one of my friends (gotta love happy hour!) and then I have class from 3-5. And then I'll be hitting up the wellness center again.

Oh and I should probably study at some point. It probably wouldn't be so good if I failed all my classes this semester ;)

Did I mention I'm a little tired?

In spite of all of the things going on in my life right now though, I feel very content and joyful. I know the only possible way this can happen is that God is just fueling His joy into my life right now. And I'm SO thankful for it because
1) it's so much more pleasant to be happy and do all these things than to be in a crappy mood and have to do them!
2) I don't have the energy to be happy. Just don't have it. So I'm thankful that He's fueling me!

When is the last time that you felt joyful/content?

Have a lovely day!

No comments: